At Statewide Insurance Company (SWICO) we understand that whether it’s your business or your personal belongings, all your property needs to be protected from loss or damage so that should anything happen, you will not suffer the financial loss but be in the position to replace the damaged or lost items – with ease and peace of mind.\r\n
As a valuable SWICO client, we would like to ensure that your claims process is seamless and efficient, so we have provided you with some basic guidelines.\r\n
How to CLAIM from your POLICY\r\n
When making a claim against your policy use the following procedure:\r\n
- Motor: Should any accident occur involving your vehicle you should immediately notify the nearest SWICO office and Police giving details of the accident and location.
- Accident: You should also do the same as for Motor Insurance. With Group Personal Accident, medical forms should accompany the claim but in case of death a post-mortem report and death certificate must be submitted for settlement of the claim.
- Worker's Compensation/Group Personal Accident: In case a worker sustains injuries, the District Labour Office should be immediately notified. A doctor's report should be submitted along with the LD forms.
- Fire/Marine, Goods-in-Transit/Miscellaneous Risks: The report should be made immediately you learn of the loss to us and the Police. IN ALL CASES THERE IS A CLAIM FORM YOU FILL WHICH IS GOT FROM ANY OF OUR OFFICES. \r\n
- Accept liability \r\n
- State the accident was your fault \r\n
- Repair or replace lost or damaged property without authority from Statewide Insurance Company Ltd \r\n
- Dispose offf damaged property and or salvage without authority from Statewide Insurance Company Ltd \r\n
- Rely on police or local authority to report your accident to us. Report to us yourself \r\n
- Fail to pursue recovery from third parties as this will affect your overall experience. \r\n